The founder of RSM College Late Rani Phool Kunwari Sahiba, daughter of Late Chaudhary Girdhari Singh, was born on October 3, 1892. She was married to Rai Bahadur Ranjeet Singh in 1906. Unfortunately, she lost her husband only two years later in 1908. She was conferred title of Rani Sahiba in 1923.
Rani Sahiba was a dynamic personality even in those days. Between 1936 and 1948, she was President, District Board and Rural Development Association, Bijnor. While on this position, she got a bridge over Kho river constructed and this connected Dhampur with Sherkot. In 1940, she became Member of the Council of United Province, as Uttar Pradesh was then known. As member of UP Council, she became quite close to Pandit Govind Ballabh Pant, the then Chief Minister of UP. In 1941, she became Member of British Empire (MBE).
In 1943, she founded Ranjeet Singh Memorial Inter College. Five years later, she established Ranjeet Singh Memorial Degree College, which later developed into a post graduate college. She donated huge chunk of land for establishing these educational institutions.
Three years later, she became founder and lifelong President of Retired Men's Home, Vidur Kuti and got constructed a Kutir (hut) there.
All along her life, Rani Sahiba was deeply involved in service of the humankind:
- Member, Central and Provincial Tuberculosis Executive Committee
- Member, Provincial War Board and Civil Defence
- Member, Public Relation Committee, Uttar Pradesh
- Member, Provincial Committee of Physical Culture
- Member, Central Committee of Food, Health and Lands
- President, Provincial District and Municipal Board Unions, Uttar Pradesh
- Vice-President, Provincial Red Cross and St. Jones Ambulance
- Honorary District Recruiting Officer, Bijnor
- Member, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, Court
- Vice President, Akhil Bharatiya Kshatriya Sabha
- President, New Club, Nainital
She left for her heavenly abode on November 16, 1972, at Holy Home, Delhi.